NYE COUNTY SHERIFF'S OFFICE OHV HELP WEBSITE
REGISTER YOUR OFF-HIGHWAY VEHICLE TODAY! LEARN MORE
FAQs - Frequently Asked Questions from the DMV
Can I renew at a DMV office?
- Off-highway vehicle registration renewals can only be processed through the mail or an authorized dealer or online.
Can I use my tax exemption or fee credit?
- Veteran’s exemptions and fee credits cannot be applied to an off-highway vehicle registration or renewal.
Should I ride my OHV before my decal arrives in the mail?
- Please print the online renewal confirmation and have it available to show to law enforcement. The confirmation will show the OHV renewal and the new registration expiration date. Your new decal will be mailed within 7 to 10 business days.
Why do I have to pay late fees?
- There are no exceptions to late fees for off-highway vehicle late registrations. Registrations expire on the exact date shown on the decal you received. Late fees will be assessed even if the OHV has been parked and/or not used for any period of time. Unlike motor vehicles, there are no provisions for "non-operation" for an OHV.
I did not receive a renewal notice. What should I do?
- The most common cause of this is an incorrect address. We suggest you mail an application for registration, payment of your renewal fees of $21.00 along with a Change of Address Application to the Off-Highway Vehicle Section. The post office may or may not forward the decal if you renew online. We cannot send renewal documents to a temporary address.
- If you are confident the address on file for this OHV is correct, you may attempt to renew online using the decal number and the Vehicle Identification Number, or by completing and mailing an Off-Highway Vehicle Application for Registration Renewal form (OHV-012) Vehicle Application for Registration Renewal . Registrations cannot be renewed online more than 35 days before expiration. The online renewal may be rejected if your registration is canceled or if you have bad debt with the DMV.
How do I know what day my registration expires?
- The top row of numbers is the expiration date. In the example, the expiration date is April 23, 2013.
Is there any convenience fee or extra charge for Internet renewal?
- No. By using DMV Online Services, you are helping us keep costs down and saving your own time and money as well.